When you think of a slow cooker, do you automatically think of winter? Warm stews and hot creamy soups, hearty roasts and chili- these are the standard crock pot fare for most people. What you may not realize, though, is that the slow cooker can be an extremely valuable tool for feeding your family while keeping your kitchen cool in the spring and summer. Try these tasty options when the weather is warm and you don’t feel like cooking.
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps make for a flavorful, light meal, perfect for a hot night. Made with hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar, these taste like a restaurant meal, but you control the sodium and other ingredients. Want an even healthier version? Substitute quinoa for the rice.
- Tuscan Pork with Fennel is a simple, healthy dish for a warm summer evening. Serve this flavorful pork and potato dish with a fresh salad for a complete meal.
- Shredded Beef Tacos make “Taco Tuesday” a breeze! This recipe is easy to make, and your house will smell delicious while it’s cooking.
- If beef tacos aren’t quite your speed, these Crockpot Chicken Tacos may be perfect for you. Delicious and low in fat, they require very little prep work, and you can personalize them by choosing your own taco toppings to finish them off.
- Would you believe that Slow Cooker Poached Salmon is possible? Made with lemon and fresh herbs, it’s delicious, delicate, and easy to make. It’s also unique, in that it takes only an hour or two, so it’s much faster than most slow cooker recipes.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian slow cooker recipe, this Quinoa Summer Squash Casserole is a great option. Loaded with flavor, and packed with protein, this is a healthy option that will appeal to even the meat eaters at your table.
At our clinic, we embrace an integrated approach to wellness, treating our patients as whole people, rather than a collection of symptoms. To that end, we like to offer healthy lifestyle tips, including delicious, nourishing recipes, exercise tips, natural health solutions, and much more. Follow our blog, to find information that will help you live a live a healthier life, or call today for your free consultation.